Programming the Mobile Web, 2nd edition
With the second edition of this popular book, you’ll learn how to build HTML5 and CSS3-based apps that access geolocation, accelerometer, multi-touch screens, offline storage, and other features in today’s smartphones, tablets, and feature phones. The market for mobile apps continues to evolve at a breakneck pace, and this book is the most complete reference available for the mobile web.
Order online (printed / ebook)
This updated edition covers many recent advances in mobile development, including responsive web design techniques, offline storage, mobile design patterns, and new mobile browsers, platforms, and hardware APIs.
- Create effective user interfaces for touch devices and different resolution displays
- Understand variations among iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Firefox OS, and other mobile platforms
- Bypass the browser to create native web apps, ebooks, and PhoneGap applications
- Build apps for browsers and online retailers such as the App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Store, and App World
Table of Contents
1. The Mobile Junble
2. Understanding the Mobile Web
3. Browsers and Web Platforms
4. Tools for Mobile Web Development
5. Architecture and Design
6. Markups and Standards
7. Basics of Mobile HTML5
8. HTML5 Forms
9. Feature and Device Detection
10. Images and Media
11. CSS for Mobile Browsers
13. Offline Apps, Storage and Networks
14. Geolocation and Maps
15. Device Interaction
16. Native and Installed Web Apps
17. Content Delivery
18. Debugging and Performance
19. Distribution and Social Web 2.0
First edition translations available in italian, french, russian, chinese and turkish. See this website for more information
jQuery Mobile: Up and Running
Would you like to build one mobile web application that works on iPad and Kindle Fire as well as iPhone and Android smartphones? This introductory guide to jQuery Mobile shows you how. Through a series of hands-on exercises, you’ll learn the best ways to use this framework’s many interface components to build customizable, multiplatform apps. You don’t need any programming skills or previous experience with jQuery to get started.
By the time you finish this book, you’ll know how to create responsive, Ajax-based interfaces that work on a variety of smartphones and tablets, using jQuery Mobile and semantic HTML5 code.
- Work with UI components to format content and create forms, lists, navbars, and buttons
- Customize your entire user interface with themes and CSS3
- Enable users to install your app from the browser and work with it offline
- Distribute through app stores by packaging your creation as a native app
Order at O’Reilly (printed / ebook version -many formats-)
Shipped to every major bookstore worldwide.
Official translations to spanish, japanese, korean and chinese. See this website for more information